Monday, July 25, 2011

must be easy having one child!

I love having twins, I love my two baby girls.  But there are days where I think it, it must be easier to just have one.  the girls are just getting over a virus, but one had it and when it was done, the other one got it.  So I had 2 weeks of sleepless nights instead of just one. 

Teething- Their teeth have been coming in a week apart.  WHY can't they come in at the same time?  So one of the girls will get 2 teeth, then a week later the other one will get 2 teeth.

Its double everything in my household in stead of just one, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Its just one of those nights where I need to vent!

I love my girls and they are very well behaved girls, I am not being biased because they are my children, but truthfully they are very good, but I am not the most lenient (sp?) mom.  We don't let them get away with things.  today, we were out all day shopping with titi, and they did so well.  I am very lucky that I can take the girls out to a restaurant and they are going to behave.  Everyone has warned me that I would never be able to take them to restaurants, but we have a routine of making sure we order their food right away and that we have toys and snacks to distract them.  I also do not get out of the house a lot by myself with them so they love to look around and see all the people.  they laugh at everyone who walks past them, and they say hi to everyone!  I love it! 

Weighing the good with the bad. Yes there are days where I want to pull my hair out, curl up in a ball and just cry, and there are times I have to give myself time outs.  If I just had one the house would be spotless, I would have time to shower, I would have time to take a nap instead of cleaning the house, but at the end of the day when they cuddle with my husband and I and drink their bottles I can't imagine my life without them, and i couldn't imagine my life without all the chaos!  When we go and check on them before we go to bed and see them sleepng I get teary- eyed every time.  Ian and I sit together and tell each other every night that those girls have been the best gifts in our lives,and instead of our relationship getting pushed aside, they have made Ian and I's relationship stronger.  We are stronger because we want the girls to see the love that we have for one another.

Newborn picture!

3 months!

3 months!

Family picture on vacation 1 1/2 weeks ago, they refused to keep their flower in so their hair is all over the place!

They are our life, our strength, our motivation, our love, and forever our baby girls!  At the end of the day when the storm is calm and we can sit down for a moment, we know God has given us a challenge, but in the long run He has rewarded us.  We get double the kisses, double the hugs, double the laughter, and double the joy, which out-weigh double the challenges!  We would welcome twins again if we were blessed, but not for a couple years! But we would welcome just one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment