Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What life would be like

What would life be like without Facebook, pinterest, or google. What would it be like if you could go back to when you were a little kid, where you had to go to the library to look up information not like today where you just pull out your phone. What would it be like if instead of communicating through Facebook you actually called that person or saw them in person.  Why does everyone care about what people are posting, most of it is negative statuses anyway.  I need to delete my account, but this is where I put info about my blog on here.  But I don't care about facebook or other people's problems except the updates on the important people in my life.  All you geniuses and inventors out there- Please stop making everything about technology.  I want my children to have a childhood like I did.  Can you start making people get off their butts instead of them sitting and doing everything on the computer or their phones.  Please take us back in time to when we had to actually move, thank you!  Sincerely a mommy who will devote herself to making sure her children don't sit in front of the t.v., computer, or play video games 24/7!

What would life be like if you could say your own opinion and not have someone completely tear it apart. What if I write a opinionated blog post? Would I lose my readers, would they just view it as my opinion, would they tear me apart? 10 other people just wrote about a topic I was going to write about. Do I still write it? Will they think I am copying? Do they even read my blog? Why do I care so much about every little thing and what other people think about me?

What would life be like if we could just go back to when I was a little girl, where I was able to ride my bike in our development and not have a care in the world. Where kids could have a little freedom.  I won't let my girls out of my sight til they move out of our house.  Which leads me too all my worrying.

How do people with children have so much time on their hands? I wake up, shower, get the girls up, make breakfast. Get kids fed, play or run errands with them.  Nap time=clean the house, edit pictures, or shower if I didn't get one before the girls woke up. Kids wake up play some more, make dinner, eat, clean up dinner... wait who am I kidding, the girls won't let me clean, they want my full undivided attention.  Ok have them help me clean.  Give them dishes to load in the dishwasher...they are making a bigger mess (I should have waited til they went to bed). Bath time, story time with daddy, bedtime. Downstairs pick up all the toys, sit down, spend some time with Ian if he hasn't fallen asleep, blog, Facebook, and pinterest.  Oh no it's midnight, one of the girls will probably be up at any moment (yes, they are two, yes Zoey still gets up at night..save this for another post to explain).  Try to sleep can't.  What was that noise, is some one breaking in, get up and check on the girls with what feels like the millionth time.  Reminds me, Ian we need to get a dog so I can sleep at night.  Wait, I hate dogs.  The slobber, the barking, the shedding, licking my girls. Gross.  But I would feel better, especially living in this big house.  I would love to start a etsy shop. I have a million bows and fabric, but with what time?

At the end of the day these issues seem so small.  I have bigger issues to worry about like: what preschool to send the girls too, sign them up for dance and gymnastics, paint and decorate the house, fix my resume for when the girls start pre-preschool next year I can go back to work the days they are in school( best thing about being a nurse, making your own hours and picking up when YOU are able too).

I am always afraid of what others may think of me.  Maybe that is why I am so quiet and shy.  I don't know. I am going to be myself, best thing is I can be myself on here because some of you don't know me!  I want to show the girls that they need to be themselves and to not worry about what other people may think of them.  Just be you!  I will treat them like individuals.  Just because they are twins, and they will grow up together; I will never treat them as one unit.  They are each their own person.  To you mommy of twins out there, please remember that!

This is off topic but: people need to watch what they say.  We were at the grocery store today, and some lady came up to me and said how do you tell them apart.  One looks like she has fat cheeks compared to the other.  Number one: don't say that to a mother, and secondly: they have the same face and cheeks.  Are you blind?  Then she proceeded to say: you are lucky you have two gorgeous twins and neither of them are ugly.  Most twins I see one is ugly and one is cute.  WHAT?!?! did you really just say that to me.  Lets just say I looked and at her and walked away...it may have gotten ugly if I continued to let her talk to me.
Picnic at the park, they are such girly girls!  Just got done freaking out over a  bee that was 15 feet away!  


No comments:

Post a Comment