Friday, January 20, 2012

chalkboard

We have a little area underneath the tv in the living room that is just the right height for the girls.  Our house is very small, we are already starting to outgrow it.  We didn't want to add an easel into the playroom.  So I went to Pinterest, of course!  This was the best idea I have gotten off there.

I wanted to use the same paint color in the living room.  I did not want that black chalkboard paint.  So this is what I did:

I turned this:

Into this:



What you need:
*flat finish latex paint in any shade that you desire ( we used latex satin finish and it worked just fine).
*unsanded tile grout
*150-grit sandpaper

1.  Pour 1 cup of paint in container.  Add 2 tablespoons of unsanded tile grout.  Mix with paint stirrer.  Break up all the clumps carefully.

2. Apply paint with a roller or sponge paintbrush to a primed or painted surface.  Make sure you work in small sections, going over the same spot several times to ensure full, even coverage.  Let it dry

3.  Smooth the area with 150-grit sandpaper.  Wipe off the dust.

4.  condition:  Rub the side of a pieve of chalk over the entire surface.  Wipe away with a barely damp cloth.

Thats it, so simple!!  The girls were so excited!  I may have won best mommy award that day by the girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment