Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11- never forget

I am having a hard time with this post right now.  Don't know how to write or what to say.  There is so much I want to say, but my emotions are all out of whack. I remember everything that day.  Is it really 10 years already? 
Ian and I just watched Robert De Niro's special and I cried through the whole thing (Ian also very upset that after about an hour of watching it, he said he couldn't do it anymore.)  For those of you that know Ian, he does not get upset often. 
I am really stuck on my feelings righ now.  I am happy, sad, mad, and grateful.  If I tried writing how I felt, it would be all over the place and everyone would be confused.  I have decided to hold off on writing about 9/11 til tomorrow or even sometime this week, til my feelings calm down. 
Tonight I kissed and hugged my girls extra tight, we prayed for a safer, non-violent world, and I got to be close to my  husband and talk about our feelings from that day. 
Yes, Our Nation came together today again, but what will happen in 2 months?  Will we go back to hating one another?  I vow to be a better person, a better wife, better mother, and better nurse.  I strive to make a difference in this world. We donate to St. Jude's hospital every christmas, but there has got to be something more, bigger for me to actually feel like I am helping this world for my baby girls, they are our future.

I will leave this post by saying my heart goes out to all those who lost their lives on 9/11, those who fought on flight 93, and those who saved lives.  Never forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment