Sunday, February 5, 2012

winter time fun

BUBBLES!  Whoever invented bubbles is amazing!  I thank the bubbles on a regular basis!  This winter has not been a winter at all, not complaining!  January and February have been in the 40's and 50's.  Am I nervous? Yes, if you live here you know this is not normal at all.  I have a feeling once the lake freezes, we will be having winter at least through May.

There are very cold days here though, and being stuck in the house all day, everyday is tough.  Well not when you have bubbles!  At least not while you are blowing them.  But when you get lightheaded from blowing them for a good 15 minutes and about to faint, it gets a little ugly in the house!

Not only do we does mommy blow bubbles, but we do still go outside.  You can't get sick or a cold from being outside, so go outside!  The girls love it.  Why, I am not sure, there are no toys outside, but they enjoy it.  We get all bundled up and just walk around!

Arts and crafts are also a life saver!  It may get messy, but the girls are so happy and that is all that matters.  I will deal with the mess when they go down for a nap!

Do I love this weather right now? ABSOLUTELY!  Do I care if it snows? NO, because the girls also love the snow!

If going out and getting fresh air is not for you, I understand.  I was the same way before I had kids, you would have never seen me outside during the winter months unless skiing, tubing, or sled riding.  So for those of you who hate the cold, and some days I do,  I bundle the girls up while we are out running errands and put them in the stroller.  Instead of getting in the car after every store and driving 10 doors down, we walk.  It is nice to just get some fresh air.  Not only does it help them, but it helps with naps too (hint, hint!)
walking from one store to the next!  this is what happens when you get fresh air! (also when you don't sleep during the night, like my kids!)


Daddy's little chicks, always following him no matter what!


taking their babies for a walk outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment